Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Enjoying the Gourmet -- Gourmet Nut Review

The worst part about the colder months for me is I snack.  I mean, I snack a lot!  Another issue is trying to stay on track with a lifestyle that doesn't want you to snack unless its healthy foods.  This is where I found that Gourmet Nut fits perfectly!  I can have a snack and its so filling!  Who wouldn't want to snack on Gourmet Nut?



Starting out as group of foodies like yourself, the Gourmet Nut team got together weekly to exchange recipes, gossip about the latest restaurants and, of course, talk about their love of food. One topic that often came up was the lack of high quality, everyday gourmet snacks at affordable prices for the average person to enjoy. And so, the Gourmet Nut brand was born!


Since then, we have grown to provide high quality ingredients and products to the everyday consumer looking to bring a more gourmet side to their food. We created a line of sea salts from around the world, that are used by top chefs throughout the country as well as everyday moms and foodies who love to cook. We have also developed a line of gourmet spice rubs and spice blends, which can make the most "amateur" chef cook like a pro.


When the basket from Gourmet Nut showed up at my door I got really excited!  Not only did they ask me to review some delicious trail mix type of snacks for you but they sent these delicious Sea Salts!  First I want to tell you about the Mixes they sent that contain all the goodies!


My favorite out of all of these options is the Nature's Mix.  It has raisins, cranberries, peanuts, pineapple, papaya, almonds and cashews.  The perfect amount of sweet and nutty!   The dried fruit pieces are soft and go great with the crunch of the nuts.   My husband's favorite of the three was the Feel Good Mix.  This includes peanuts, almonds, apricots, granola, raisins and cranberries.  The apricots were a little tough but the rest of the mix went well together!  The granola really completes that mix.  Last, we have the Soy Nut Health Mix. Inside this mix you can find soy nuts, cranberries, raisins, pumpkin seeds and almonds.  I really love the amount of raisins and cranberries within this bag!  The soy nuts aren't my favorite, but they pack lots of nutrients for you!  

I am a big fan of Sea Salt so I was a happy girl when I unloaded my basket and found these!  You can just imagine me jumping up and down clapping.  Okay, maybe not... But I really do enjoy sea salt!  A few of these were new options to me but I am rise above the challenge!  My favorite of all five is the Himalayan Pink Salt.  I paired it with some cooked carrots as a snack.  It was delicious!  The extra salty yet unique flavor that was added to my snack made me want to put this Pink Salt on everything!


I am loving my Gourmet Nut Gift Basket and I know you would too, so check them out online and on social media!  They offer a lot more than what I've shown you today!  You never know.. You may find something for your Hunny for Valentine's Day!



Disclosure: A special thank you to Gourmet Nut for giving Sweet Cheeks and Savings this opportunity to work with them. We received these items free of charge from Gourmet Nut. No monetary compensation was received or offered, nor were we under any obligation to write about this product.  All opinions expressed are honest thoughts.  We were not offering any sales or taking orders for this item.  We will not receive any compensation in connection with any sales of this item.








24 comments:

  1. I want to get a basket like this! Fun!
    My fave sea salt is Himalayan pink. Very curious about that smoked one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a yummy basket to get i love nuts for an afternoon snack while blogging they are so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink Sea Salt in my kitchen would make me giddy enough to do cartwheels. I'm not kidding, I'm easily pleased like that. The basket items look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, this is funny, but i agree there are certain foods that just make me giddy too :)

      Delete
  4. Oh boy, look at all those sea salts.....I would be in my glory with all those. I am just picturing all the delicious recipes I could make with them! And that snack mix? YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a fan of anything with salt but I LOVE nuts and dried fruits!! I really would like to sample the varieties they have-I am positive I would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all different types of nuts. I've never seen pink salt before. I wouldn't mind having a basket like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I can imagine all the possibilities from this basket! I am a big fan of salts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the look of those nuts! I have to admit I do like tucking into some nuts and dried fruit :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband loves their smoked sea salt, swears he will never use anything else again. I love the Pink Sea Salt so it is a war in our house when it comes to what I use to cook with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pink salt sounds interesting! I will have to try that out, I have never heard of it before!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lot of salt. I don't really so spices including salt. Every once in a while I will do Himalayan Pink salt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love me nuts. These look great they'd be great for snacking

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could eat nuts all day long. They certainly look very tasty, so I will be sure to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd probably choose the mix that your husband favored. I'd also really like to try all those fun salts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never heard of the "pink" salt before. I would be interested in trying it. I love nuts and dried fruit as snacks too but you do have to be careful because the calories can add up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love sea salt! Nuts are good too but I am in love with the salts. Going to have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those look like delicious nuts. I think I'd love to try the Feel Good mix!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm allergic to nuts so I always pass over these. My daughter on the other hand loves them and so she would enjoy these.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have heard about Gourmet nuts on the go but I have never had them. As for pink salt, I have never heard of them. Now I am curious to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look delicious. We love nuts in our household so I'd definitely go for a basket of these... Look really tasty too. I've heard of this line.
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun basket! I am a big snacker, too. And, unfortunately, in the colder months my snacks are not as healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My salt of choice is Himalayan Pink Salt. I am not really a snacker and only eat nuts with breakfast. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete